Overnight oats are great for when you are short of time in the morning or if you just want something to eat waiting for you to just grab when you get-up in the morning. It takes a couple of minutes to mix all of the ingredients together in the evening, then you just pop the mixture into an airtight container and store it in the fridge ready for the next morning.
Here is my recipe for cacao and banana overnight oats:
1. Two small ripe bananas
2. Three tablespoons of cacao powder
3. Three tablespoons of rice protein powder
4. A splash of soya milk
5. One cup of rolled oats
6. One tablespoon of plain soya yoghurt
1. Mash the two bananas thoroughly
2. Add the rest of the ingredients into the mixture and mix them all together.
3. Pour the mixture into an airtight container and put in the fridge, ready to enjoy the next morning!
– Oats can lower cholesterol
– Bananas are a great source of potassium and give you energy throughout the day
– High protein
– Cacao is a brilliant source of magnesium (and it’s delicious!)