<a href=”https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/19600799/?claim=dwtw6bk4czh”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
This week has been a bit all over the place. From coming out to riding a rollercoaster of dips and jumps in self-confidence, I’ve felt a lot of emotions during the last 7 days (when don’t I?). However, to put this week into perspective, I have decided to write-out a gratitude list to emphasise to myself the positive things I can take away from this week and to share the intention of shifting to a perspective of gratitude when life seems to overwhelm you. So, without further ado, here is a list of things I am grateful for which have appeared, surfaced or been re-emphasised in my life this week:
- My ability to get myself new glasses which can support my eyesight and make me feel comfortable whilst wearing them.
- The abundance of dried fruit and nuts I have to make delicious vegan fruit loaves with.
- The supportive and welcoming LGBTQ community online which offers me a place to feel safe and be myself even when I feel rejected in my personal life.
- My bullet planner which makes me feel in control of the events in my life by allowing me to become organised.
- The person who cut my hair yesterday and made me feel good about myself whilst she got creative with shaving my hair!
- Ted, the dog I got to look after earlier in the week who is such a sweetheart, never fails to make me smile and tolerates the playfulness of my other dogs even when he just wants to have a sleep.
- The album After Laughter by Paramore which lifts my mood and evokes great memories from the last couple of years.
- The people who leave comments on my blog posts, these interactions make my day and I love reading and replying to them.
- My morning coffees – they are a short period in my day where I can just focus on doing one thing, relax and prepare for the rest of my day.